No releases today but I though I’d give you guys a heads up with what we’re up to at the moment.
- From the ashes The Translator God Only Knows has finally been reborn, check out his new bio in the About section.
- Nandeyanen is working on the 49 page IS doujin by Maruarai with some help from Mr. Wind-Up Bird. Doesn’t help he’s notorious for having small and hard to make out writing so expect that one sometime in the future.
- Mr. Wind-Up Bird is still busy translating the other Amagami Various collections in his spare time.
- Ningen as taking a look at an Index doujin featuring Kamijou-chan and his sensei Komoe that Arisa’s been wanting to do for a while.
- Kaiju is busy typesetting the remaining Charlotte/Ichika 4komas.
- Yamada from WOWScans! has been kind enough to get a Infinite Stratos doujin for us and we’ll get it sometime in mid May since it won’t be released until the beginning of the month.
Other than that, I’ve busy busting my ass learning the basics of Java for class, not to mention doing some slight touch ups for the Maruarai doujin and later this week I’ll get started on a doujin that I requested TTGOK to take a look at a while ago but because of certain circumstances hasn’t been able to get back to me until now so I’m glad he pulled through in the end.
So apart from that, I’m curious to what you guys have been watching lately. I know I’m watching a lot more this season then I usually do:
- Kaiji 2 – [C] The Money Of Soul and Possibility Control – Ano Hana (the one with the ghost girl and a really long title) – Ao No Exorcist – TWGOK II (Kusunoki’s route was so fucking cash) – Doronron Enma-kun Meramera – Hidan No Aria – Sofuteni – STEINS; GATE – Hanasaku Iroha – TIGER & BUNNY-Denpa Onna
What are you guys watching in the greatest year for anime(ignoring it’s going to be banned in the summer thanks to Ishihara)?
Okay so while this is technically a Ayatsuji-centered doujin, don’t worry, everyone’s favorite imouto shows up in it in a “moe-moe” way.
As far as the Welcome goes, I’d like to take this release to introduce two new members to our group.
Harmonian: You might recognize him from some previous LWB releases and he’s gonna give us a hand with his OCD typesetting prowess. Also this is his first collab with our group.
Kaiju: Sorry, no ざわ。。。ざわ。。。here. Thinks he’ll be able typeset since he’s been reading a lot of doujins for a while and has Photoshop. We’ll just see how good he really is.
While I was searching across the web for new material, I came up a some-what touching story (technically it’s fanfiction) that was based off of this particular doujin. I gave it a read and I thought the story it told was nice yet bittersweet. So I hope you like the original like I do.
By Fujimaru of BlueBrand. Thanks to Limits for translating this for us.
3/2013 note: Holy shit I didn’t think it would get posted on /a/ as much as it does nowadays.
Alright so now we’ve finished with the final Yamabuki doujin, so now all that’s really left for now IS wise is to wait until COMIC 1☆5 for some of the really good stuff. If you would like to donate and help us get some more doujins, click on the Donation tab near the top of the page.
Okay, so there were a lot of mixed opinions about the ending to the last episode about Infinite Stratos, some saying “Clearly a Houki End” and more recently what I thought was true “Open end so S2 will be possible.”
Then I did a little research, and by little research I looked in the back of Volume 3 and noticed that THE LINES WERE THE GODDAMN EXACT SAME.
I’ll give the translations for all the stuff in the boxes encased in blue.
-Gotsu- ( like a clonk sound)
“Huh? What the?”
I close the distance again….
If you haven’t figured out by now, he’s hitting his head on the Bit from Cecilia’s Blue Tears aimed right at him.
Sound weapon charging…
ZUBATSU!! (Also the point in the anime where the OP starts playing in the background)
“Haa…”-Laura (not as talkative this time around)
“—-Alright, let’s kill em. – Rin
“Ichika, what are you doing?” – Charlotte
“Fufuu, ufufufufu” – Cecilia
Then she gets the princess carry as the rest of the harem go after them into the night…
And FYI, America doesn’t show until the epilogue of this particular volume either, be it for the kiss she gives Ichika on the cheek or when they find out Gospel was manned, so 8bit might have had to cut her out simply due to them being a new studio and time constraints. Seeing how S2 is almost guaranteed, I can definitely see 8bit adding her short part in during the credits of the BR release for episode 12.
So basically Ichika did go in to kiss Houki, but it ‘s rather likely he did it because of the weird atmosphere and getting carried away by the mood( they’re both 15 years old, can you blame em?) between the two of them at that point, but it doesn’t seem like it’s really brought up again after this.
Once again, people, myself included, need to read the source material a bit closer before we get all up in arms when it comes to consistency and continuity. But hey, 8 bit just went from first time studio that made a good adaptation of the source material to a first time studio that made a great adaptation of the source material.
Just wanted to voice how fucking awesome that final episode of Star Driver was. Any show that use the first OP/ED for the ending of the series is high tier in my book.